Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Let me dream before September, you said


Happiness is not a destination. It is a mood, it is not permanent. It comes and goes and if people thought that way then maybe people would find happiness more often.” 

Well, after blogging here for nearly a month, I feel like there's a (more emo) side of me that has been hidden. Like everything here is rainbows and butterflies and happy endings, but real life is not. Well, I've decided to write a little more about myself here so today's post might be a lot more melancholic than before. And probably through that you get to know me a little better.
I was 19 when the world seemed perfect after my A level exams. After months and months of mugging I finally made it, finally moving on to university. To be honest I did quite well and so I applied to one of the most prestigious courses, Medicine. I know this sounds very elitist but don't get me wrong, my intentions were and still are different, but that's another story.
But I didn't make it and that week when I received news that I was placed in another course, I had to make a life-changing decision: To apply for Medicine again or to stick with the other course that I was offered, something which I knew I would not enjoy after deliberation, but that would mean taking a gap year and applying for overseas universities. And I did. There was good and bad to taking a gap year, the former being the fact that I could go shopping in the morning and have no one to jostle with and I could sleep in as late as I wanted, having no homework and the whole house (and streets) to myself every single day. But I was left out by my friends as they moved on to university and made new friends, and I felt that I was wasting the year away...

So I wanted to start this blog, wanting to post more photographs of my outfits and daily going-ons instead of writing it out like what I am doing now. And then many things came my way, interviews from universities in the UK I applied to, new opportunities and finally, on March 6th, nearly one year after my rejection and gap year, I received an offer to study Medicine in Newcastle University, UK. I literally jumped around and cried tears of joy but by then I had someone else now, the other half of me who took my half and became the other half. Someone who has my whole heart and all my love. And now we're going to be separated for 5 years in two different continents with an eight hour time difference. Yesterday was the last day of the last long break that he was going to have, and since he is in the army, we don't have much time together to begin with as well. 
What I am saying is that you may think you have a lot of time with the people you love, but you don't. I used to think I had all the time in the world to accomplish my post-exam to-do list during this gap year, but I only have 4 months left and am barely to half of it. I guess the most important thing left is to have no regrets when I leave... And I will make sure I won't.

Well, musings aside, here are some happier pictures he took yesterday. And no, we didn't go to the zoo because I thought it would rain and it turned out to be the most perfect outdoor frolicking kind of weather for the past two weeks. Sorry :( 

So we went to another park instead and got a few mosquito bites as a result:
 
I tried to crop away my expression but I think it looks better like that. Hehe. I also have many pimples :( Fun fact: They're called 'youth beans' if you translate from mandarin. Guess who's youthful then? ;)


Outfit: Sheer chiffon blouse, Bugis Street. Pink holey crop, Oakham Market. Denim shorts, Pinky satchel, Malaysia.

The day before I was out for my brother's birthday dinner and I happened to see a Mango mannequin wearing something like this, so thank you plastic mannequin for inspiring this outfit. Also, the last picture is my favourite but I accidentally saved it over the original. Stuff like this always happens to me.

Curves I used were from beautifuladieu.com :)

I leave you with this quote: Remember to always say what you mean. If you love someone, tell them. Don’t be afraid to express yourself. Reach out and tell someone what they mean to you, because when you decide that it is the right time, it might be too late. Seize the day. Never have regrets.” 
  
Here's to loving wholeheartedly and being loved in return

Fan/Hype me on Lookbook |  Follow me on instagram ♥

9 comments:

  1. Love your look dear!

    Following you now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos, the top and bag is super cute :)
    It was nice to read some more about you: that is a very hard decision you had to make, and very brave. I do truly believe that if you are meant to be with someone and determined to make it work you will, and I hope you can enjoy your next few months.
    Also: youth beans? Much better word than pimples!!!
    When you do come to Newcastle, if you want to visit Scotland sometime I'll show you around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we have difficult decisions in life! I wish you all the best, and hope everything goes well: "Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder" :)

    You have a lovely blog, maybe you want to follow each other? I'll follow you back for sure :)

    Have a great day!

    x♥x♥

    "Dicas de saúde, beleza, e exercício físico"



    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!!! I’m following you back now :)
    Unfortunately you haven't "bloglovin", but if you decided to join it, please let me know, and we can follow each other there as well, it's much easier to keep in touch ;)

    x♥x♥

    "Dicas de saúde, beleza, e exercício físico"



    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very cold in Scotland but anytime the sun shines I take full advantage of it!
    And it is very pretty, definitely worth a visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, what a wonderful outfit, really really love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm sure you guys will make it through. i am in a similar situation (in a ldr for more than 2 years) and to be honest at times it's really tough, i get insecure and lonely. But it's just all in my head as i know he will do me no wrong. So keep the faith, eventually things will work out. and congrats on your offer!!:D xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful outfit! Keep up your great job dear :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the bag, it's so adorable! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback :) I read every single comment (although that might take me some time!)

If you would like to follow each other, do let me know in the comments and I will definitely visit your blog and follow back.

For urgent questions, you can Formspring me or email shatt3red(at)gmail.com.
Please come back to visit wishfulpenguin soon x